2 New ways to win…
THE CHAMPIONS CUP
All House Champions will be invited to play in a 1 game playoff. The winner of the Champions Cup game will win a Champions Cup Trophy and an automatic spot in Trivia Bowl. Want to keep your competition down? Win more than 1 House Championship and eliminate a spot for someone else. This is also a chance to prove which House Champion is truly better than all the rest.
THE RACE TO VICTORY
The first 15 teams to score 1,000 game points in a season (all their team’s game points combined from all the venues at which they play), will be invited to a special, 1 night only game, in which the winner will receive a Victory the Trivia Flamingo Trophy and an automatic spot in Trivia Bowl. Scores may only come from 1 venue per night. Playing multiple nights increases your chance of being 1 of the first 15 teams to finish the Race to Victory and grab your spot in this game.
Season 50’s Top 25 teams through Week 10 of 17 (bold teams clinched)
|Rank||Team Name||SEASON 50 GAME PTS|
|1||HERE’S LOOKING AT EUCLID||1552|
|2||JOSE AND THE PUSSYCATS||1373|
|3||NOT AS DUMB AS YOU THINK WE IS||1210|
|4||NO RAGRETS N’AWM SAYIN||945|
|5||BOB LOBLAW’S LAW BLOG||749|
|9||JOSE AND THE PUSSYCATS||687|
|11||ON A MISSION||660|
|12||IDIOTS OUT WANDERING AROUND||652|
|13||NOT NERDY ENOUGH TO WIN||635|
|15||SHARKS WITH FREAKING LASER BEAMS||625|
|17||SEAL TEAM 69||604|
|18||WREAKING HAVOC BETWEEN THE SHEETS||602|
|19-T||M AS IN MANCY||600|
|21||IN THE FACE||592|
|23-T||BEN IS ALONE||580|
|25||LAYIN THE SMACKDOWN||579|
Season 49’s Top 20 teams through Week 17 of 17 ( bold teams clinched)
|Rank||Team Name||SEASON 49 GAME PTS|
|1||HERE’S LOOKING AT EUCLID||2841|
|3||JOSE AND THE PUSSYCATS||2261|
|4||NOT AS DUMB AS YOU THINK WE IS||2156|
|5||6 DEGREES OF GARY BUSEY||1604|
|6||IDIOTS OUT WANDERING AROUND||1574|
|7||LAYIN THE SMACKDOWN||1264|
|8||NO RAGRETS, NAWM SAYIN?||1260|
|11||WELL HUNG BUT SENSITIVE||1178|
|13||RANGER AND THE SMERBS||1152|
|14||BOB LOBLAW’S LAW BLOG||1139|
|17||WE’RE HERE TO LEARN||1047|
|18||ON A MISSION||1032|
|19||IN THE FACE||998|
Season 48’s Top 25 teams through Week 20 of 22
|Rank||Team Name||SEASON 48 GAME PTS|
|2||HERE’S LOOKING AT EUCLID*||2550|
|3||JOSE AND THE PUSSYCATS*||2305|
|4||6 DEGREES OF GARY BUSEY*||1620|
|6||RANGER AND THE SMERB*||1320|
|7||ON A MISSION*||1277|
|8||WHEN HARRY BOINKED SALLY*||1273|
|10||WE’RE HERE TO LEARN*||1258|
|11||LAYIN THE SMACKDOWN*||1257|
|13||IN THE FACE*||1250|
|14||M AS IN MANCY*||1232|
|17||NOT AS DUMB AS YOU THINK WE IS||1191|
|18||BOB LOBLAW’S LAW BLOG||1177|
|21||SEAL TEAM 69||1154|
|22||IDIOTS OUT WANDERING AROUND||1149|
|24||RELIGIOUS STUTTERING ARMY CARNIES||1138|
*team has clinched a spot in the Season 48 Race to Victory game
SEE BELOW FOR CHANGES TO PLAYER AND TEAM QUALIFICATION RULES
Tournament Rules & Scoring
The biggest live trivia competition in Maryland culminates each season with our championship game, The Trivia Bowl.
Teams will have the opportunity over 17 games to earn what are called bowl points which allow them to qualify for postseason play. Bowl points are determined by the following formula:
- First place bowl points are equal to the number of teams at the start of the game minus two, with 10 being the maximum points possible for first place.
- Second place points are two less than first; Third place points are two less than second. Thereafter, the points decrease by one for each place. Some team will always receive one bowl point.
For example: In a twelve team game, the bowl point breakdown is as follows:
1st place – 10 bowl points
2nd place – 8 bowl points
3rd place – 6 bowl points
4th place – 5 bowl points
5th place – 4 bowl points
6th place – 3 bowl points
7th place – 2 bowl points
8th place – 1 bowl point
***In Venues where the 1st place bowl point=4, 2nd will earn 2 and 3rd will earn 1.
Teams entering a game already in progress will be included in bowl point count if they play at least 3 rounds and the halftime question or final question. Games which end in a tie for 1st, 2nd or 3rd place will use a single question tiebreaker to break all ties. Teams that end up tied for 4th place or lower will all receive the same bowl points for their position.
There are two ways for a team to earn a first round bye and advance directly to the semi-finals.
- Win the house title at your location or,
- Play a minimum of 9 games at a second location and finish in the top 5 at either location.
The following are rules for tournament play:
- Teams MUST use the same team name for the entire season.
- Teams are welcome to compete at different locations each night of the week, but must use the same team name in ALL games.
- Bowl points count ONLY for the location where they are earned. They CANNOT be combined with bowl points from games at other locations.
- If the same location hosts Final Score games two or more nights per week, they are considered separate locations when tallying bowl points.
- Individual players are welcome to play on as many different teams as they like, but they must declare which team they will play on in the playoffs, before the first playoff game occurs.
- Players may never play on more than one playoff team. If they are found to have done so, then both teams will be disqualified.
- In order for a player to be qualified to play in the playoffs they must have played at least 6 games under that team name in the current season.
- Family members of Final Score employees may not compete for bowl points or prizes while playing any game that the employee is running.
- Persons who share a domicile with any Final Score employee may not compete for bowl points or prizes while playing any game that the employee is running.
- Employees of any Final Score location may compete for bowl points at any location, including their own as long as they are not actually working during the game. Establishment owners may also play and are exempt from the phone rule ONLY for official business calls.
- If the 12 player limit rule is broken, the team will be disqualified from that game, but will retain all bowl points earned up to that game. A second violation of the rule will result in the loss of all bowl points.
- Violation of the rules will result in disqualification from that game, and possibly the loss of all bowl points depending on the circumstances of the rule violation. At the MC’s discretion they may issue a one-time warning to the team before disqualifying them.
- Teams that don’t turn in a final answer after the last question has been asked, will receive a deduction of 20 pts from their pre-final score
- Attempts will be made to make up any cancelled games. However, if a location is cancelled permanently, tournament standings will count IF a minimum of 9 games have been played.
After the 17 tournament games are completed, teams that finish 5th place or higher will automatically qualify for a first round playoff game. Teams must play a minimum of 9 games in order to qualify. The first place finisher in each location (the house champion) will receive a first round playoff bye.
There will be some wildcard playoff spots for teams that finish lower than fifth place and wildcard bye spots. Those spots will be determined by a factor of bowl point percentage, team’s bowl points vs. total bowl points awarded to all teams in their division, as well as game pt. percentage vs. tournament game points (Z-score).
At the end of the season, if two or more teams are tied for first place in a given location, the following tiebreakers will be used to determine the house champion for that location:
- Total game wins
- If the number of game wins is the same, total game points for the entire season will determine the house champion. If two or more teams are tied for 5th place overall, the same formula will be used to determine the 5th place finisher.
All playoff games are played on the weekends. Playoff teams MUST be prepared to play in ANY playoff game. Teams CANNOT request specific playoff dates or times. If an emergency comes up, teams must let me know prior to the posting of the playoff game schedule. Teams are assigned to playoff games based on a ranking and seeding process.
Different players may be used each week as long as the total does NOT exceed 12 players in any one game. Substitutions during a game are NOT allowed.
At least twenty teams will play in The Trivia Bowl. The prize breakdown for the Trivia Bowl is as follows:
1st Place – $1500
2nd Place – $500
3rd Place – $250
4th Place – $150
Occasionally additional teams will be added in conjunction with special promotions being run by the company
The email address for Final Score Trivia is firstname.lastname@example.org.