2 New ways to win…
THE CHAMPIONS CUP
All House Champions will be invited to play in a 1 game playoff. The winner of the Champions Cup game will win a Champions Cup Trophy and an automatic spot in Trivia Bowl. Want to keep your competition down? Win more than 1 House Championship and eliminate a spot for someone else. This is also a chance to prove which House Champion is truly better than all the rest.
THE RACE TO VICTORY
The first 12 teams to score 1200 game points (previously 1500 or 2000 points in prior seasons) in a season (all their team’s game points combined from all the venues at which they play), will be invited to a special, 1 night only game, in which the winner will receive a Victory the Trivia Flamingo Trophy and an automatic spot in Trivia Bowl. Scores may only come from 1 venue per night. Playing multiple nights increases your chance of being 1 of the first 12 teams to finish the Race to Victory and grab your spot in this game.
Season 47’s Top 40 teams through Week 10 of 22
*team has clinched a spot already
|Rank||Team Name||SEASON 47 GAME PTS|
|1||HERE’S LOOKING AT EUCLID*||1565|
|3||FLAT SUN SOCIETY||1031|
|4||JOSE AND THE PUSSYCATS||968|
|5||6 DEGREES OF GARY BUSEY||920|
|6||WHAT’S THE POINT?||795|
|7||IDIOTS OUT WANDERING AROUND||777|
|8||RANGER AND THE SMERBS||696|
|9||WET HOT BAVARIAN SUMMER||669|
|10||MUELLER? I HARDLY KNOW HER!||656|
|13||TRIVIA NEWTON JOHN||596|
|14||IN THE FACE||594|
|15||BEN IS ALONE||593|
|18||MAKE A WISH KIDS||579|
|22||LAYIN THE SMACKDOWN||560|
|23||GRANT’S IN MY PANTS||557|
|24||NOT AS DUMB AS YOU THINK WE IS||553|
|25||BOB LOBLAW’S LAW BLOG||551|
|26||RELIGIOUS STUTTERING ARMY CARNIES||545|
|27||M AS IN MANCY||520|
|28||WE KNEW THAT||510|
|31||AGORAPHOBICS NIGHT OUT||486|
|32||SHARKS WITH FREAKING LASER BEAMS||461|
|33-T||PURPLE MONKEY DISHWASHER||450|
|35||WE’RE HERE TO LEARN||449|
|36||LEGEND…WAIT FOR…STEPHEN HAWKING||443|
|37||TAKE THE 5TH||442|
|38||HERE FOR THE BEER||441|
|39||WIZARDS OF ODZ||436|
|40||SHAME THE NAME||422|
Season 46’s Top 40 teams through Week 22 of 22 (7 teams reached 1500 and qualified)
|Rank||Team Name||SEASON 46 GAME PTS|
|1||HERE’S LOOKING AT EUCLID*||3675|
|2||FLAT SUN SOCIETY*||3644|
|4||JOSE AND THE PUSSYCATS*||2421|
|5||IDIOTS OUT WANDERING AROUND*||1982|
|6||6 DEGREES OF GARY BUSEY*||1681|
|7||WOODY HARRELSON’S BOWLING SHOES*||1591|
|10||LAYING THE SMACKDOWN||1344|
|11||ON A MISSION||1338|
|12||IN THE FACE||1296|
|13||SHOCKERS (MO CO)||1295|
|14||RELIGIOUS STUTTERING ARMY CARNIES||1290|
|17||AGORAPHOBICS NIGHT OUT||1251|
|18-T||HILL VALLEY LIBYANS||1248|
|18-T||BOB LOBLAW’S LAW BLOG||1248|
|20||TRIVIA NEWTON JOHN||1233|
|21||BEN IS ALONE||1186|
|23||WE’RE JUST GUESSING AT THESE||1171|
|24||WE’RE HERE TO LEARN||1152|
|25||M AS IN MANCY||1148|
|30||MAKE A WISH KIDS||1114|
|32||RANGER AND THE SMERB||1063|
|34||NOT AS DUMB AS YOU THINK WE IS||1038|
|35||STEPHEN HAWKING SCHOOL OF DANCE||1020|
|36||HERE FOR THE BEER||1019|
|39||WE KNEW THAT||1001|
|40||CIRCLE OF TRUST||982|
*team has clinched a spot in the Season 46 Race to Victory game
Season 45’s Top 40 teams through Week 22 of 22 (five teams reached the 2,000 point target):
|Rank||Team Name||SEASON 45 GAME PTS|
|1||HERE’S LOOKING AT EUCLID||3729|
|2||FLAT SUN SOCIETY||3181|
|4||JOSE AND THE PUSSYCATS||2172|
|5||IDIOTS OUT WANDERING AROUND||2068|
|6||ON A MISSION||1532|
|8||M AS IN MANCY||1299|
|10||BOB LOBLAW’S LAW BLOG||1246|
|11||WE’RE HERE TO LEARN||1240|
|12||6 DEGREES OF JONDRE||1237|
|13||BEN IS ALONE||1194|
|15||LAYIN THE SMACK DOWN||1185|
|18||HILL VALLEY LIBYANS||1159|
|19||WOODY HARRELSON’S BOWLING SHOES||1156|
|20||RELIGIOUS STUTTERING ARMY CARNIES||1153|
|23||IN THE FACE||1049|
|24||HERE FOR THE BEER||1044|
|26||WE KNEW THAT||1016|
|27||AGORAPHOBICS NIGHT OUT||987|
|31||TAKE THE FIFTH||942|
|32||MAKE A WISH KIDS||900|
|33||WE USED TO KNOW THAT||877|
|35||CIRCLE OF TRUST||856|
|36||WE’RE JUST GUESSING AT THESE||842|
SEE BELOW FOR CHANGES TO PLAYER AND TEAM QUALIFICATION RULES
Tournament Rules & Scoring
The biggest live trivia competition in Maryland culminates each season with our championship game, The Trivia Bowl.
Teams will have the opportunity over 22 games to earn what are called bowl points which allow them to qualify for postseason play. Bowl points are determined by the following formula:
- First place bowl points are equal to the number of teams at the start of the game minus two, with 10 being the maximum points possible for first place.
- Second place points are two less than first; Third place points are two less than second. Thereafter, the points decrease by one for each place. Some team will always receive one bowl point.
For example: In a twelve team game, the bowl point breakdown is as follows:
1st place – 10 bowl points
2nd place – 8 bowl points
3rd place – 6 bowl points
4th place – 5 bowl points
5th place – 4 bowl points
6th place – 3 bowl points
7th place – 2 bowl points
8th place – 1 bowl point
***In Venues where the 1st place bowl point=4, 2nd will earn 2 and 3rd will earn 1.
Teams entering a game already in progress will be included in bowl point count if they play at least 3 rounds and the halftime question or final question. Games which end in a tie for 1st, 2nd or 3rd place will use a single question tiebreaker to break all ties. Teams that end up tied for 4th place or lower will all receive the same bowl points for their position.
There are two ways for a team to earn a first round bye and advance directly to the semi-finals.
- Win the house title at your location or,
- Play a minimum of 11 games at a second location and finish in the top 5 at either location.
The following are rules for tournament play:
- Teams MUST use the same team name for the entire season.
- Teams are welcome to compete at different locations each night of the week, but must use the same team name in ALL games.
- Bowl points count ONLY for the location where they are earned. They CANNOT be combined with bowl points from games at other locations.
- If the same location hosts Final Score games two or more nights per week, they are considered separate locations when tallying bowl points.
- Individual players are welcome to play on as many different teams as they like, but they must declare which team they will play on in the playoffs, before the first playoff game occurs.
- Players may never play on more than one playoff team. If they are found to have done so, then both teams will be disqualified.
- In order for a player to be qualified to play in the playoffs they must have played at least 7 games under that team name in the current season.
- Family members of Final Score employees may not compete for bowl points or prizes while playing any game that the employee is running.
- Persons who share a domicile with any Final Score employee may not compete for bowl points or prizes while playing any game that the employee is running.
- Employees of any Final Score location may compete for bowl points at any location, including their own as long as they are not actually working during the game. Establishment owners may also play and are exempt from the phone rule ONLY for official business calls.
- If the 12 player limit rule is broken, the team will be disqualified from that game, but will retain all bowl points earned up to that game. A second violation of the rule will result in the loss of all bowl points.
- Violation of the rules will result in disqualification from that game, and possibly the loss of all bowl points depending on the circumstances of the rule violation. At the MC’s discretion they may issue a one-time warning to the team before disqualifying them.
- Teams that don’t turn in a final answer after the last question has been asked, will receive a deduction of 20 pts from their pre-final score
- Attempts will be made to make up any cancelled games. However, if a location is cancelled permanently, tournament standings will count IF a minimum of 11 games have been played.
After the 22 tournament games are completed, teams that finish 5th place or higher will automatically qualify for a first round playoff game. Teams must play a minimum of 11 games in order to qualify. The first place finisher in each location (the house champion) will receive a first round playoff bye.
There will be some wildcard playoff spots for teams that finish lower than fifth place and wildcard bye spots. Those spots will be determined by a factor of bowl point percentage, team’s bowl points vs. total bowl points awarded to all teams in their division, as well as game pt. percentage vs. tournament game points (Z-score).
At the end of the season, if two or more teams are tied for first place in a given location, the following tiebreakers will be used to determine the house champion for that location:
- Total game wins
- If the number of game wins is the same, total game points for the entire season will determine the house champion. If two or more teams are tied for 5th place overall, the same formula will be used to determine the 5th place finisher.
All playoff games are played on the weekends. Playoff teams MUST be prepared to play in ANY playoff game. Teams CANNOT request specific playoff dates or times. If an emergency comes up, teams must let me know prior to the posting of the playoff game schedule. Teams are assigned to playoff games based on a ranking and seeding process.
Different players may be used each week as long as the total does NOT exceed 12 players in any one game. Substitutions during a game are NOT allowed.
At least Twenty teams will play in The Trivia Bowl. The prize breakdown for the Trivia Bowl is as follows:
1st Place – $2000
2nd Place – $750
3rd Place – $500
4th Place – $250
Occasionally additional teams will be added in conjunction with special promotions being run by the company
The email address for Final Score Trivia is email@example.com.